iOS VPN App
Apple released the first HomePod software update based on iOS 14 on Tuesday, with version 14.1 bringing support for the HomePod mini and Intercom.
Apple first teased HomePod software version 14 during WWDC with support for third-party music services like Spotify and HomeKit support for doorbell facial recognition. Apple then announced further updates for the HomePod mini and a new Intercom feature.
Software version 14.1 includes support for HomePod mini and new Siri and Intercom features. This update also includes bug fixes and improvements.
- Setup and automatically transfer your Apple ID, Apple Music, Siri and Wi-Fi settings to HomePod mini
- Siri suggestions appear in Maps when you ask HomePod for information about a location
- Web search requests to HomePod can be sent from HomePod to your iPhone
- Siri can now stop alarms, timers, and media across HomePod speakers
- Voice recognition support for Podcasts for multiple users in the home
- Ask HomePod to make announcements to other HomePod speakers throughout your home
- Intercom to all HomePod speakers
- Intercom to a HomePod in a specific room or zone
Other improvements and fixes
- Add music to your alarms and wake up to your personal song, playlist, or radio station from Apple Music
- Fixes an issue where stereo pairs can sometimes play out of sync
- Improves reliability when using Siri to control multiple speakers
- Optimizes Siri performance
The HomePod mini goes on sale on November 6 for pre-order and will ship the week of November 16.