If you buy through our links, we may earn money from affiliate partners. Learn more.
- New Apple TV Plus subscribers can get a one-year free trial with a qualifying Apple device purchase.
- You must activate your new device by June 30 in order to get the free year.
- Starting July 1, the trial will be reduced to three months with a qualifying Apple purchase.
Apple TV Plus is home to a growing library of exclusive series, including the sports comedy “Ted Lasso” and the docuseries “The Me You Can’t See” produced by Oprah and Prince Harry. The service usually costs $5 a month or $50 a year, but customers who buy select Apple products can snag a fantastic deal.
Apple TV Plus has been offering a one-year free trial with the purchase of a new Apple device since the streaming service launched in November 2019. But the days of that promotion are coming to a close, according to the deal’s terms and conditions.
Starting July 1, activations of qualifying new Apple devices will get you a three-month trial of Apple TV Plus rather than a full year. You can still claim the one-year trial, however, if you activate your purchase by June 30.
The deal is valid with the purchase of any new iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Mac, or Apple TV device that can run the latest Apple software.
How to get one year of Apple TV Plus for free
- Purchase a qualifying Apple device from the Apple Store or an authorized reseller.
- Activate your Apple device by June 30.
- Sign in with your Apple ID on your eligible device.
- Go to the Apple TV app and claim your offer.
- If the offer doesn’t show up when you open the app, navigate to the Apple TV Plus tab to see it.
- Once claimed, you’ll get 12 months of Apple TV Plus for free.
After your one-year trial, your plan will renew for the…