- You can AirPlay to an Apple TV by connecting your iPhone, iPad, or Mac to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV and clicking the AirPlay icon.
- When you AirPlay to your Apple TV from a Mac, it’ll mirror your computer’s screen exactly.
- On a device like an iPad or an iPhone, you can mirror your entire screen, or a specific video app like YouTube.
- Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
AirPlay is a useful tool that allows you to project content from an Apple device to your Apple TV. If you use AirPlay on a Mac computer, your computer’s screen will replace your Apple TV’s screen. Everything you look at on your computer will appear on your TV, allowing you to watch video content or even simply use a bigger screen for a video conferences, presentations, or other apps.
You can also use AirPlay from an iPad or iPhone. On these devices, you can use AirPlay directly from an app that supports the feature, such as Photos, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, and others. You’ll know if AirPlay is supported in the app if you see the AirPlay icon in the corner of the video screen on your device. If AirPlay isn’t an available option on the app, you can mirror your iPhone’s screen to your Apple TV instead.
Before you start, you have to make sure your iPhone, iPad, or Mac are on the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV. If they’re not, your Apple TV won’t be able to find your other devices.
How to AirPlay to Apple TV from a Mac computer
1. Click on the AirPlay icon in the right corner of the toolbar at the top of your computer screen. It looks like a rectangle with a triangle at the bottom.
2. Scroll down to locate your Apple TV. Your Mac should see any devices it can AirPlay to, including your Apple TV. Click on “Apple TV.”
3. Your computer’s screen will now appear on your television and anything you do or view on your homescreen…