The Apple Watch is one of the most popular wearables on the market. Likewise, Strava is one of the leading fitness-tracking apps available and a favorite among runners and cyclists. Find out how to connect your Apple Watch to Strava to make the most of both of these two powerhouses.
To connect your Apple Watch to Strava, tap the gear icon in the Strava mobile app, then tap Applications, Services, and Devices > Connect a new device to Strava > Apple Watch and follow the on-screen prompts.
How to connect Apple Watch to Strava
Whether you’re scaling peaks with an Apple Watch Ultra or putting in reps with the Series 8, you can connect your device to the world’s largest social app for athletes. Connecting your watch to Strava just requires the Strava mobile app on the iPhone paired with your wearable.
- Open the Strava mobile app and tap the gear icon in the top right corner of the Home or You tab.
- Locate and tap Applications, Services, and Devices.
- Tap Connect a new device to Strava.
- Tap Apple Watch.
- Tap Get Started.
- Complete the onscreen checklist.
- Tap Accept Our Code of Conduct. An orange checkmark will appear to indicate you are done with this step.
- Tap Motion & Fitness and you will be redirected to Strava in your Settings menu. Enable Strava to access this data. Another orange checkmark will appear.
- Tap Turn On Notifications and you will be redirected to Stava in your Settings menu. Tap Notifications and turn them on, then tap Finish
- Tap Done. Strava will now be connected to your device.
Only workouts recorded within the past 30 days using the Apple Watch Workout app are able to sync to Strava. Any activity uploaded to the Health app from a third-party will not sync to Strava.
Read more: Common Apple Watch problems and solutions
The Strava Apple Watch app is compatible with devices running watchOS 6.0 or later and iOS 13.0 or later.
Yes! Open the Strava app on your Apple Watch to record activity on the Strava platform.
Strava offers customizable…