Does iTunes keep on crashing or freezing on your Windows 11/10 PC? A lot of people who use iTunes on their Windows PC have reported that the app keeps on crashing on their computers. For some users, the app crashes at the startup, while many users faced crashes with iTunes after the app opens. Some users have also complained that iTunes keeps on freezing and becomes unresponsive.
Now, there can be several factors responsible for crashing or freezing iTunes. Here are the potential causes of the issue:
- The problem might be caused if you have installed some faulty third-party plugins that are interrupting the normal working of iTunes.
- Damaged or missing files in the iTunes app will also cause the same problems.
- A corrupted iTunes cache is another reason for the same problem.
- If you are using an outdated version of iTunes, you are likely to face crashes and other issues.
- Other reasons for the same problem include automatic sync and corrupted installation of iTunes.
In case you are also experiencing crashes with iTunes or the app keeps on freezing, use the fixes we have mentioned in this post.
iTunes keeps crashing or freezing on Windows 11/10
If iTunes keeps on crashing or freezing on your Windows 11/10 PC, you can use the below steps to resolve the issue:
- Launch iTunes as an administrator.
- Open iTunes in safe mode.
- Update iTunes to its latest version.
- Repair iTunes.
- Close the APSDaemon.exe process.
- Clear the iTunes cache from your PC.
- Disable automatic sync.
- Close background applications.
- Reinstall iTunes.
1] Launch iTunes as an administrator
The first thing you should do to prevent iTunes from crashing or freezing is run the app with administrator privileges. Lack of sufficient permissions to run the app can be a reason that iTunes is not working fine on your computer. Hence, if the scenario is applicable, you can fix the issue by launching the app with admin rights. Here’s how:
- First, search for iTunes from the Start menu and hover your mouse over the iTunes app. Or, go to the desktop and right-click on the iTunes shortcut icon.
- Now, from the appeared context menu, choose the Run as administrator option.
- See if you are able to use iTunes without crashes or freezing issues now or not.
If the iTunes app…