Well looky here.
Twitter, Inc. just released version 2.1 of its Mac OS client via the Mac App Store. Twitter 2.1 is the first major update of the software since Twitter acquired Tweetie (and its publisher Apebits) in April 2010.
The biggest new feature in Twitter 2.1 is multi-window support which allows you to view multiple timelines at once by selecting the new “Open in new window” menu item (cmd-shift-T).
The single window interface was one of Twitter for Mac’s biggest limitations and 2.1 instantly makes the app more appealing to users with multiple accounts and those tracking multiple timelines. Multiple windows puts Twitter for Mac more on par with a desktop client like TweetDeck.
Other notable features include:
- Take actions more quickly and easily. We made design changes that make the app easier to use and look even cleaner.
- We added a bar along the top that lets you easily click back to previous pages.
- There is now a separate âNew Tweetâ button in the bottom left corner of the app.
- We improved the design of Direct Messages, making it easier to view a conversation.
- User profiles now make it easier to learn about and interact with a user.
- Tweet faster. Twitter for Mac now has username and hashtag auto-complete.
Twitter for Mac is available for free from theÂ Mac App Store.
Read the original post on The Apple Core Blog RSS | ZDNet